Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Sultry Holiday Makeup 2014

Happy December! 

With the holidays here, I'm sure you have plenty of office parties, family get togethers, and other special occasions. For all these festivities, it's helpful to have a go to makeup look that is sophisticated but glamorous for a polished and photo ready look. Watch how to achieve this 2014 Holiday makeup look below and check out the products I used. 

   Products Used:
   Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector
   Makeup Forever HD Foundation 123 & 155
   NYX HD Concealer
   Makeup Forever HD Powder
   MAC's Blunt Powder
   Lorac's Tantalizer Bronzer
   BH Cosmetics Blush Palette
   BH Cosmetics Eyeshadow Palette
   MAC's Handwritten eyeshadow
   MAC's Nylon eyeshadow
   NYX lip liner in Deep Purple
   MAC's lipstick in RubyWoo






Here are some of the main products I used, watch the full tutorial for all products. I am obsessed with Bobbi Brown Correctors for dark circles and discoloration, it just works wonders for me and most medium-dark skin tones. I always start off with Bobbi Brown's Peach Corrector around the inner corners to brighten the eye area. I then used Makeup Forever's HD Foundation in 2 shades (123 & 155), one that matched my skin and one slightly darker to create a natural contour. 




To set my foundation and concealer, I used  Makeup Forever's HD Powder and MAC's blush in Blunt to contour. It's always best to use different powder shades to set the different shades of your skin. This helps create a more natural finish and won't ruin the hard work you did to transform your skin with the foundations. 


For the lips, I used NYX lip liner in Deep Purple for a plum base and to help darken any lip color I apply over. As beautiful as MAC's Ruby Woo is, I wanted something more sultry and purple based, so using a darker lip liner helps transform the red color. 

Using a variety of eyeshadows from BH Cosmetics to MAC, I created a neutral golden smokey eye, with a hint of plum for that holiday touch and glow. Don't be afraid to add some color to your holiday makeup and always use golds to give that nice warmth to the skin. Happy Holidays! 


No comments:

Post a Comment