Monday, November 10, 2014

Sexy Bombshell Makeup

After looking not so pretty as a zombie for Halloween, I wanted to do something more bold and beautiful with this enticing bombshell makeup. This look is actually quite simple, it's all about blending, a good eyeliner and creating a warm, flawless face. Watch the tutorial below and try out this look yourself!


   Products Used:  
   Loreal True Match Foundation: 
   Natural Beige & Cool Tan
  MAC's Paint Pot: Soft Ochre
  BH Cosmetics Palette
  MAC's Smolder Eyeliner
  Loreal VoluminousMascara-Carbon Black
 Maybelline Translucent Loose Powder
 MAC's Powder-Blunt
 Mac's Mineralized Highlighter-Soft & Gentle
 MAC's Cream Highlighter-Pearl
 Wet n Wild lipliner-chestnut
 Revlon Matte Lip Balm-Complex







Step 1: Foundation
Our skin is not just one color tone so it's always best to use different foundations/concealers to create a natural and even skin tone. I used a shade close to my skin tone with a warm undertone. I then used a darker tone for the areas I want to contour or bring back. I quickly mapped out my features to achieve more dimension and I used my fingers to do so. It's completely fine to use your clean fingers because the warmth of your skin blends the product very well. Now for bridal makeup or anything more glamorous, I will use a more intricate foundation routine, but for this look I wanted to show how easy it is to apply foundation on yourself and quickly. 
Loreal True Match Foundation $7


Step 2: Eye Makeup
I used 3 shadows from the the BH Cosmetics Eyeshadow palette, but you can use any brand you prefer. The shadows are simply a matte cream-white, a matte soft-warm brown, and a dark navy-gray with some shimmer if desired. After applying an eyeshadow base, use the matte white color all over your lid. I like to apply a neutral all over first, to help with blending later and to brighten the lids. I then applied the soft warm brown in the crease and the dark gray towards the inner part of my crease. I have quite prominent features so I wanted to enforce that more by blending the darker color towards my nose and inner crease area. Depending on your eye shape, this helps widen your eyes. Below are some suggested shadows to achieve this look.


             
               NYX-Kiss the Night $7                                                            NYX-Dance of Tides $7                                    NYX Smoke & Mirrors-$6 






                        

         
         Stila-Chinois $13                                                                        NARS-Bengali $25                                                        UrbanDecay-OilSlick$18

Step 3: Eyeliner
Use a creamy black eyeliner to line your top and bottom lash line, and your lower waterline for a more intense look. I always set my liner with a black eyeshadow to lock in the color and then apply false lashes close to my lashline. I'm a big fan of Ardell demi wispies, the #105s or the Huda Beauty lashes in Claudia or Giselle for a look like this. To ensure your lashes look more natural, apply liner over the lash band. 

                                                                   Loreal Voluminous Mascara-Carbon Black $9     Mac Kohl Liner-Smolder $15 


Step 4: Highlighting & Contouring
Again for a more a glam look I would use different techniques but for a simple contour, I used a darker powder. I then used a cream highlighter to make my cheekbones and facial features stand out more. This is optional, but I wanted to add a bit more of a warm glow, so adding some gold shimmer bronzer to the tops of my cheeks helped achieve that.


  
                  Mac Powder-Blunt $19.50           Mac Cream Base-Pearl $21           Mac Mineralized Bronzer-Soft & Gentle $32

Step 5: Lips
I always love nude or pink lips, especially with a dark eye. I hear a lot of women complain that when they try a nude lip they end up looking less lively then intended. I generally follow this rule that if you're cheeks are warm toned then your lips should be as well. So if you have a coral blush on, try a red lip liner with a nude lipstick over. If you have a cool pink blush on, try a mauve lipliner with nude lipstick over. Sometimes using darker lip liners can help create more depth, so you don't look washed out. For this look I used a dark brown lip liner with a matte nude/taupe color over.


Revlon Matte Balm-Complex $8                           Wet n Wild Liner-Chestnut $3

Instagram: @navnit_virdi







No comments:

Post a Comment