Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pretty Party Look: New Years 2014!

2014 is right around the corner and for my New Years look I decided to avoid the glitter overload and do something sultry.This smokey, Beyonce Superbowl, inspired look is great for any New Years event and incorporates shimmer in the right places. Get ready with me for New Years  and try this pretty party look!




Mac's Paint Pot-Soft Ochre

Coastal Scents 252 Palette 

Mac's Fix Spray

Mac's eyeliner-Engraved
Maybeline's Dream Mouse Foundation-Sandy Beige


Maybeline's setting powder

Mac's concelar-NC30

Mac's blush-Blunt
BH Cosmetics Blush Palette-Mauve
Estee Lauder's Ivory Box Shadow

Loreal lip gloss-Undeniable Mauve
NYX lip liner-Pinky

For the eyes, I used the 252 Coastal Scents palette and created a smokey effect with  dark matte plums and grays. Now instead of using glitter, I decided to apply a bronze color on the lids using Mac's fix spray. Applying colors wet is one of my favorite techniques because it adds extra shine and sparkle without fall out. I do love glitter for a New Years look but it can look messy, causing your lids to look heavy in photos.

For the face, I used products with a matte finish for a more photogenic appeal and to contrast with the shimmery eye makeup. I also applied warm, mauve colors as oppose to pinks to bring out more of that sultry effect. It doesn't matter what foundation or blush you apply, the key to flawless skin is definitely how you apply it. I used a beauty blender to diffuse the makeup and create a more airbrushed finish.

For the lips, I first started with a sharp, red color, using Mac's Ruby Woo, but decided to do a pouty, pink-mauve look instead. The lighter color compliments the eyes well and of course a soft lip is perfect for that New Years kiss with very little touch up.


Make sure to check out my other profiles for more photos and videos! And stay tuned for some Indian Party Makeup for the New Year!


Beautylish: http://bit.ly/182RDZ9



                                                                    Happy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment